You’ll depart Santiago de Compostela at 9:15 AM by bus for a 9-hour excursion to Finisterre and Muxia, returning at around 5:30 PM.
• Muxia: Visit this village to see Nosa Señora da Barca, one of the most traditional marine sanctuaries in Galicia. Tradition has it that the Virgin appeared to the Apostle James here.
• Fisterra: In the ancient world, pilgrims coming from Compostela encountered the vastness of the ocean here. Visit Faro, the most important location in the Costa da Morte area. You’ll have free time for lunch in the village.
• Ézaro Waterfall: Visit the spectacular waterfall of the Xallas River, which crosses Ézaro and cascades into the sea. From a vantage point that’s unique in Europe, you’ll have breathtaking views of the town and coast.
• Muros: Go on a walking tour of the old town and the fishing port that is a reminder of Galician culture and tradition where the sea is the protagonist. Admire the porches, galleries, and quaint style of the homes.
• Ponte Maceira: Instead of passing pilgrims, head towards Fisterra via Ponte Maceira, a small town with lots of history. Its medieval bridge over the Tambre River and the surrounding vegetation create an atmospheric setting.
Upgrade your tour to explore the coast and its breathtaking views via boat and visit some of the region’s most beautiful landscapes with a boat trip in Fisterra.
Outside Pilar Church at the bus stop next to the Alameda, Av. de Xoán Carlos I, 6, Av. das Casas de Compostela, 6, 15701 Santiago de Compostela, A Coruña, Spain
Know before you go
• Children 3-12 years old receive a 50 per cent discount
• Children under 3 years may join for free